Monday, August 31, 2009

Well, it only took 2 years....

But I finished this board book mini album! I wanted to create something for my son that he could look at, and it would hold up for a couple of years too.
Every year the fine people at Universal Studios offer teachers a free ticket to enjoy a day at both Universal parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure). Colby and I usually go right around the time they hold "Grinchmas"-he loves anything Dr. Seuss!

Did you know that Dr. Seuss did not use any straight lines in this artwork? I wanted to use this idea to create the slanted stripes on the patterned paper.



Best of all, I finished this mini album yesterday without buying any new product! :)



Got to love the Grinch! I am so happy Christina posted this challenge this week to the design team at Creative Twist! Check out what the rest of the design team came up with!
Also, if you create something for one of the challenges and link it to the Creative Twist blog in Sept., you will be entered to win a $20 gift card!



5 comments:

  1. this is a great project! i love the book and your son will too! such bright, fun colors and you did such a terrific job! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun little album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers...so cute...love the little insights as well...wonderfully done...gotta love that Seuss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun album! Your son will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! I'm sure your son will just love this!

    ReplyDelete